Results of the EETP
G.E.P. administers pre- and post-tests to evaluate the effectiveness of each EETP. Students take the same test on the first and last days of the program to assess the knowledge gained during the program. Results have been very positive and indicative of the impact of the EETP. After the program:
- 3 times more students agreed with the statement, "A person has many opportunities to make good money in my neighborhood" than before the program began.
- 4 times as many students could write a formula to add two cells in an income statement using Excel.
- 3.5 times as many students understood the correct way to start an office memo (To:, From:, Date:, Re:).
- 3 times as many students identified the capitals of other countries such as Venezuela and South Korea.
- 2.5 times as many students could multiply decimals and whole numbers. (The EETP's real-world methodology reinforces basic numeracy and literacy skills.)
Click here to read student perceptions of the EETP in the Bay Area.