Building on the Girls Deliver conference in Kigali in July, this event will share the stories of young education activists to illuminate both the disproportionate impact that climate change has on girls, but also how girl and women-led local solutions can have profound impacts for girls, their families, communities and countries.
An intergenerational discussion will then showcase how institutions across sectors are taking an integrated approach to support girls’ education and increasing their resilience.
- Oleksii Druz, GPE Youth Leader (Moderator)
- Temilade Salami, GPE Youth Leader, Nigeria
- Charitie Ropatie, Girl Rising Futures Fellow, USA
- Julieta Martinez, Girl Rising Futures Fellow, Chile
- Mouhamadou Lamine Basse, COP28 International Youth Delegate, Senegal
- Dr. Mercy Mwangangi, Director – Health Systems Strengthening, Amref
- Meredith Kozak, Population Council
- Christine Lowery, CEO, Girl Rising
- Foluyinka Fakoya, Public Policy and Advocacy, GPE.
Time: 09:30-11:00 ET / 13:30-15:00 GMT / 15:30-17:00 CET